External Wall Insulation
External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems comprise of rigid insulation boards fixed to the outside of your home and are then over-coated with a weather protective, hard wearing, breathable render. It is then pebble-dashed which is available in a choice of attractive finishes.
External wall insulation involves fixing a layer of insulation material to the wall, then covering it with a reinforcement and a special type of render. The finish is usually a textured render, pebble-dash or sometimes a brick slip or a brick effect render finish could be used.
The benefits of external wall insulation:
- Can be applied with minimal disruption to the household and its occupants
- No internal access is required
- Does not reduce the floor area (living space) of the property
- Improves the appearance of the property – potentially increasing the property’s value
- Improves weatherproofing and sound resistance
- Can make the building more airtight, reducing drafts and heat loss
- Increases the life of the existing property by protecting the existing substrate from the weather
- Reduces condensation on internal walls and can help prevent damp
- Fills cracks and gaps in the brickwork, which will reduce draughts
- Increases the life of your walls by protecting the brickwork